QuickBooks Integration Rules and Notes
1. The Customer reconciliation between the two systems is done by the Contact and Company. Edge Commerce will create both customer and its respective company in QuickBooks. The order will display the customer and and its company for the billing details.
Note: Customer/Company relationship will not be updated on subsequent imports. Other details will update as per order.
2. QuickBooks can’t have duplicated Customer and Company name. They MUST be unique.
3. On each import you will be prompted with a mapping screen that allows you to match your contacts and products in Edge Commerce to your respective ones in QuickBooks. If no contact or product is mapped, a new one will be created in QuickBooks.
4. After the import is initiated, Orders can take a few minutes to show in QuickBooks. We recommend importing in batches of up to 10 orders per import.
5. Status Matching:
Edge Commerce QuickBooks
- Paid = Paid
- Unpaid or Partially Paid = Open
6. Payment Integration:
- Payments are imported to QuickBooks with their respective orders.
- Payments created by Edge Commerce are prefixed with reference id `PF` (i.e: PF394). If payment is adjusted directly in QuickBooks, it will be overwritten by payments in Edge Commerce on subsequent import of the order.
- If Edge Commerce is unable to update payments from order in QuickBooks, the order will get updated except for the payments details. Edge Commerce will show the message ‘Order details updated except for its payments’ so you can manually adjust the payments in QuickBooks.
7. Ticks next to each orders in the order list:
- No tick: Order hasn’t been imported.
- Green tick: Successfully imported into QuickBooks.
- Yellow tick: It was successfully imported but has been edited since. It can be re-imported.
- Red tick: failed to import. It can be re-imported.
Note: If order is imported to QuickBooks, it will not allow to import this same order again (Green Tick in Edge Commerce order list).
8. Delivery fee passes to QuickBooks as line item in order.
9. Discount passes to QuickBooks as line item in order.
10. Imported Voided Orders in QuickBooks: If an order is voided in QuickBooks and re-imported from Edge Commerce, the order will become active again and gets updated on import.
11. Same as item 10 above applies to Customer and Company.