Xero Integration Rules and Notes
1. The Customer reconciliation between the two systems is done by the Contact Name in Xero (Company Name in Edge Commerce). If the Company Name is empty the Contact Name in Xero will be the First and Last Name.
Note: Once the contact is created in Xero, the Contact Name, Primary Person (First name, Last name) and Contact reference id will not be updated on subsequent imports. Other details will update as per order (i.e: billing, shipping and other persons).
2. Xero can’t have duplicated Contact Name. Contact Name MUST be unique. Hence if the Contact Name already exists in Xero, it will be updated as per Edge Commerce.
3. On each import you will be prompted with a mapping screen that allows you to match your contacts and products in Edge Commerce to your respective ones in Xero. If no contact or product is mapped, a new one will be created in Xero.
4. After the import is initiated, Orders can take a few minutes to show in Xero. We recommend importing in batches of up to 10 orders per import.
5. Order Status Matching:
Edge Commerce Xero
- Pending or $0 value orders = Draft
- New, Approved, Invoiced = Approved/Authorised
- All Status + Payment = Approved/Authorised
6. Payment Integration:
- Payments are imported to Xero with their respective orders.
- Payments created by Edge Commerce are prefixed with reference id `PF` (i.e: PF394). If payment is adjusted directly in Xero, it will be overwritten by payments in Edge Commerce on subsequent import of the order.
- If Edge Commerce is unable to update payments from order in Xero, the order will get updated except for the payments details. Edge Commerce will show the message ‘Order details updated except for its payments’ so you can manually adjust the payments in Xero.
7. Ticks next to each orders in the order list:
- No tick: Order hasn’t been imported.
- Green tick: Successfully imported into Xero.
- Yellow tick: It was successfully imported but has been edited since. It can be re-imported.
- Red tick: failed to import. It can be re-imported.
Note: If order is imported to Xero, it will not allow to import this same order again (Green Tick in Edge Commerce order list).
8. Delivery fee (and extra delivery fee) passes to Xero as line item in order.
9. Discount passes to Xero as line item in order.
10. Imported Voided Orders in Xero: If an order is voided in Xero and re-imported from Edge Commerce, the integration will add the order to Xero and include -1 to the order number.
For example: Edge Commerce order number 2555. If this order number has been voided in Xero, and it is manually re-imported from Edge Commerce, it will create a new order in Xero with the number 2555-1. Voided orders in Xero can’t be edited nor updated.
11. Same as item 10 above applies to Arquived Contacts in Xero.